Biography Gert Kilian
percussionist - balafonist - composition
- At the age of twelve, Gert Kilian started playing music as a rock-and blues drummer.
- Classical music studies in Stuttgart and Nuremberg.
- From 1976 to 1986, he recorded six LPs with the world music group OREXIS.
- "German Record Prize/Newcomer 1978" for their first album.
- Tours in Europe and Asia (Goethe-Institut).
- Musical studies in Australia, Papua New Guinea, India and Africa,
Trinidad & Tobago.
- 1983, Kilian forms the percussion group DRUMPACT.
- Three LPs/CDs and tours in Europe and Africa. Tours in Europe and Cameroon
with DRUMPACT & BAOBAB, African dance theatre from Yaounde.
- Documentary record «afro percussion», music from Mali and
- 1994 - 2000 Kilian works with LES ZOULOUSAINS, an ethno jazz group.
- Two CDs and tours in France, Spain, Great Britain.
- 1998, solo-CD and ethno pop group LOVE BREEZE with musicians from Holland,
Germany and France.
- 2000 Formation of the group LOOPING - melodic percussion.
- 2001 publication of "balafon beat" (publisher: Verlag
- 2002 CD LOOPING live
- Besides his artistic work, Kilian works as a teacher in percussion-workshops
and teachers' training.
- 2005 CD LOOPING multitude
- 2006 creation of the trio "ALY KEITA & magic balafon"
- 2008 DVD "The Balafon" with Aly Keita and Gert Kilian
- 2010 balafon workshops in Italy, Germany, Australia and New Zealand
- 2011 concert- and workshop tour with PANDEMONIUM in New Zealand
- 2013 CD Voyages Africains
- 2013 CD "afropean project", tour in Germany,Czech Republic, and France
- 2014 balafon workshop in Burkina Faso
- 2015 CD KÂLA ethno groove
- 2016 Festibalafon / Abidjan
| Biography | Contact
| Discography | News